Tuesday, 14 April, 2020
Good morning {{{FullName}}}
Today's Summary:

The Covid-19 related topic is one of the hottest topics across multiple social platforms, which leads "疫情", the Chinese of "pandemic", to be one of the biggest words in the buzzword cloud. The pandemic has hit the New Zealand and Australian tourism market hard. Australia tourism market has lost about 37 billion RMB each month due to the current travel ban and is not expected to recover before the end of this year. As the "1 May golden week" is approaching, people in China are making travel plans, however, the Chinese government has made it clear that inter-provincial and international travel will not resume for the time being.

A total of 3,383 topics are gathered across social channels and news platforms relating to the travel industry (Australia and New Zealand market). 83.8% of the topics are of neutral and positive sentiment, while the rest 16.2% of the topics are with negative sentiment.
The information was collected on Monday, 13 April, 2020
Chinese trends and the interests of Chinese consumers change fast! Below are the top three discussed news among all Chinese digital channels.
Unable to travel abroad before the end of this year, the Australian tourism market loses about 37 billion RMB each month
年底前无法出境游 澳旅游市场每月损失约370亿元
Channel: glzv.session123.cn [趣头条-中华看点]
Synopsis: Australian Trade, Tourism and Investment Minister Birmingham recently revealed that although the pandemic in Australia has eased and the travel bans and lockdown policies are expected to be lifted within a few months, Australian people might still have to wait until early 2021 if they want to travel abroad.
Read more

Weibo Post from Jinshan Erjie at 12:58 on April 12
Channel: weibo.com @JinshanErjie [新浪微博-金山二姐]
Synopsis: The pandemic has hit the New Zealand economy hard: The New Zealand tourism industry has been severely hit and many companies will not survive, including many hotels and airline companies
Read more

Travel plan for May 1? The government made it clear that inter-provincial and cross-border tourism will not resume for the time being!
Channel: sohu.com [搜狐新闻]
Synopsis: A few days ago, the Central Leading Group for the Covid-19 issued "Guiding Opinions on Promoting the Resumption of Production while Effectively Preventing and Controlling the Pandemic", which clearly states that national cultural and sports activities and cross-provincial and cross-border tourism will not be resumed!
Read more

We monitor social media content from Social Apps including WeChat and Weibo, as well as numerous News outlets. The pie chart below tells you which apps have the most buzz around your industry. Knowing which platforms are buzzing will help you plan your channel strategy.  

The Buzzword cloud is generated daily to help you identify key trends and industry terminology. The larger the word, the bigger the buzz!
Top three buzzword: 
Pandemic (疫情), Australia (澳大利亚) and Life (生活)
United Media Solution (UMS) is an award-winning marketing to Chinese agency. We are a full-service independent agency which specialises in digital and social marketing. Learn more about us HERE.

UMS also offers a number of other social monitoring services to suit your business needs. If you would like learn more or sign up for Morning Brief, UMS Establish Team Director Ariel Yan at 
ariel.yan@umssocial.com, or reply to this email directly.
Copyright 2019 | UMS | All rights reserved
If you don't want to receive this email | unsubscribe
United Media Solution Ltd. | Shanghai, Ningbo, Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney